Cummins Inc. Aftermarket Sales Order Management Manager, DBU in Minato, Japan
Aftermarket Sales Order Management Manager, DBU
Aftermarket Sales Order Management Manager
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Aftermarket Sales Order Management Manager to join our team specializing in Order Managementfor our Distribution Business Unitin Tokyo, Japan.
Responsible for leading a team of Customer Order Management Representatives/Specialists for assigned customer accounts/regions to maintain operational efficiency to meet customer needs
Plans, prioritizes, and schedules the team’s activities and resources to ensure continuity of service.
Reviews progress and evaluates results
Leads, directs, evaluates, and develops Customer Order Management staff to ensure that resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are achieved
Ensures customer order management teams continuously demonstrate customer support excellence (compassion, empathy, support) in all communications and interactions
Ensures that staff supports customers through proper utilization of departmental tools, systems, documentation, processes and/or procedures
Monitors the status of Customer Order Management activities to identify problem areas and adapts procedures to improve the overall performance of the team
Investigates, analyzes, and leads cross-functional problem-resolution and improvement initiatives with Cummins entities and external customers
Answers more complex, escalated internal and customer inquiries on product availability, prices, delivery times, and the status of orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately
Liaises with functional or operational area managers to ensure that Customer Order Management activities are integrated with other parts of the business and appropriate for current and future departmental
Analyzes customer inquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommends solutions, and identifies where Order Management processes can be improved. Tracks improvements to closure, and communicate same to customers.
Develops problem solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist customer order management staff to respond to inquiries that are recurring or routine
Owns local departmental metrics, reporting and analysis
Coordinates input from team to develop comprehensive, proactive communications to customers
Leads local continuous improvement projects and participates in global projects
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related subject required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required;
Customer order management; customer-facing; supply chain/logistics; international trade experience preferred.
Native-level Japanese language proficiency is strictly needed
Job SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
Primary Location Japan-Tokyo-To-Minato-Japan, Minato-ku, CJL Office
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Oct 5, 2020, 8:07:50 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002LK